WELCOME BACK DUBLIN ORTHODONTIC FAMILIES!
IMPORTANT RE-OPENING INFORMATION AND WELCOME DR. MOLLY GRIFFITH, DDS, MS
As many of you heard, Governor DeWine is allowing us to open up soon. When we do open, we will be adding extra precautions to protect the health of our patients/parents, our staff, and our doctors.
WE ARE PROPOSING A “SOFT OPEN” STARTING THE WEEK OF MAY 4TH.
WE WILL CALL YOU TO RESCHEDULE ANY MISSED APPOINTMENTS.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
With the COVID-19 virus still a threat, we would also like you to know that we CANNOT open until we have received the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE). As you may recall, dentists and many other practitioners were required to donate all PPE to hospitals for the rush of COVID patients. We will not be getting this equipment back. While we have ordered our new PPE weeks ago, we do not yet have enough of this equipment to open "business as usual."
We know that many of you have called to reschedule your appointment. Please be patient with us and allow us to contact you first. Our scheduling team will reschedule all our patients in order of original missed appointment where possible. We hope that you understand.
Once we open, there will be a “new normal” for the foreseeable future. We will have new procedures that we must follow to prevent the potential transmission of any disease. The NEW procedures (for the foreseeable future) are as follows:
- Please be ON-TIME for your appointment as we will be limiting the number of patients in the office at one time.
- We ask that patients brush and floss their teeth thoroughly PRIOR to the visit. Our brushing stations will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
- When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, please stay in your car and text us at 614-385-3845 (a sign with this number will also be on the door) and one of our team members will come to the door to escort you or your child directly to the chair.
- Every patient and parent if accompanyig the child will be asked standard COVID - 19 screening questions upon arriving at the office, including: recent history of fever >100 degrees, cough or shortness of breath, have you or anyone you have recently been in contact with tested positive for or been diagnosed as having COVID - 19.
- We encorage parents to stay in their vehicle if the patient is old enough to be in the office alone. If the patient is young or a parent wishes to be with the patient, we ask that only ONE guardian comes in with the patient.
- Anyone that enters the building will have their temperature taken via temporal thermometer. Our staff and doctors will also have their temperatures taken each morning as well.
- We ask that all patients and any guardians that enter the building wear a mask at all times (homemade is fine) as we will not have enough masks to provide to our patients / parents.
- Social distancing will be required, and we will be reducing the number of patients seen at any time – and – spacing our patients in alternating chairs to maintain this distance.
- All of our staff will be required to wear surgical masks as a minimum for their protection. Our clinical staff and doctors performing the orthodontic procedures will be wearing extra protective equipment for their protection.
- Our coffee station, kids play area, and our brushing station will continue to be closed for the foreseeable future.
PLEASE WELCOME DR GRIFFITH TO OUR TEAM!
We are also excited to introduce you to an additional doctor at Dublin Orthodontics. Dr. Molly Griffith has joined our practice and will be working with Dr. Byczek to get all patients caught up in a relatively short period of time. Dr. Griffith is a board-certified orthodontic specialist and we are excited to have her at Dublin Orthodontics. In addition to her undergraduate degree, Dr. Griffith attended dental school (4 years) and her 3-year orthodontic residency at The Ohio State University where she became a recognized expert in clear aligners (and of course braces). We look forward to you meeting her – although initially she will be “behind the mask” as well.
We are so excited to see all of you again in the office – and – we are all looking forward to serving you again.
Dr. Byczek, Dr. Griffith, and Team